Assembly Hall in Master Builder’s House (Baumeisterhaus)Bauhof 9, ground floor, right
The Baumeisterhaus (Master Builder’s House) was built by Jakob Wolff the Younger, shortly before the beginning of the Thirty Year’s War in 1614/15, as the official building for the Master Builder of the City of Nuremberg. Until today, it has remained the house of the “municipal master builder” and houses the City Building Department. It is a solid, three-storey sandstone building with a portal placed asymmetrically in the façade and framed by half pillars and a triangular gable. The gable is decorated with a small municipal coat of arms.
The Assembly Hall is on the ground floor, and has a heavy, sumptuous Baroque stucco ceiling from 1661, created by Italian stucco artist, Carlo Moretti Brentano who also created the well-known stucco ceiling in the City Museum Fembohaus.
Today, the Assembly Hall is used as a meeting and conference room. A projector and a projection area are permanently installed. The Hall was refurbished, probably in the late 1970s, and the (light gray) textile wall covering dates back to this time.
Power Supply: CEE 16 A, SCHUKO-type German standard electrical socket available
Access: via Bauhof 9
Proprietor: City of Nuremberg