Ruin of St Catherine’s Church
Access via Peter-Vischer-StraßeFor decades this has been one of the stages for the annual world music festival “Bardentreffen”, and for many years one of the main venues for “Summer in Nuremberg” (St Catherine’s Open Air).Both the convent and St Catherine’s Church were built in 1293. Convent and church burnt down completely after a WW II air raid. In the 1960s and 1970s, the church’s curtain walls were secured, but the church was never reconstructed (no ceiling!).
Measurements: about 19 m wide x 19 m long (excluding choir)
Power Supply: 4 x CEE 32 A, SCHUKO-type German standard electrical socket
Access during Blue Night: via Peter-Vischer-Straße/Am Katharinenkloster.
Proprietor: City of Nuremberg